Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Only days away...

It's been a long while since I last posted any sort of update for you, my apologies. Both Dad and I are really busy getting prepared for your arrival and well, we have ants in our pants. Last week, on the 13th, I had my appointment for you. There, they examined me and found that I was 1 cm dilated. I was happy because that meant if I wanted to, I could get my membranes scraped. It doesn't sound fun, and really... it wasn't. Everybody is different... this was  a very painful thing for me. Before that happened, you were giving me some serious contractions that I can only assume were Braxton Hicks. Ever since then, nothing... what's up with that missy??? I only kid, but I really started to get my hopes up with you coming early. So as you have been able to tell, I have done everything in the book to get the labor going. Your dad is getting extremely excited to meet you and really wants you out so he can start his bonding time with you and begin the adventurous journey of fatherhood. I am getting excited to meet you too... I feel like I know you already, yet I wanna meet this little tyke that has been causing me to go crazy from time to time. :)

Over the weekend your friend in utero  was born. This caused some major mixed feelings. I am very excited for him to be here, but soooooooo jealous that I don't have you yet, especially because you are due a day before he was. So to know that he came early made me very envious. I know that you will come when you are ready, but can't you be ready now?

Tomorrow I have my doctor's appointment to see how much I have progressed. I really hope I have progressed a lot. I think, actually I know, I will be crushed if I haven't. Today is the first day since last week that I started to feel funny again. My lower stomach feels like a constant pulled muscle and today from my bellybutton down, I have been having streaks of pain. Is this a sign?? I hope so, but if not I will be asking to have you by the weekend. I know it's a lot to ask, but if you knew what I was going through, you would understand.

I love you a whole bunch Lucy, and the next post that will be on here is from the hospital awaiting your arrival.

I hope to see you soon little girl!
Love, Mama

No comments:

Post a Comment