Saturday, April 30, 2011

Welcome to the world little lady :)

Oh man Lucia, this week has been one heck of an eventful one. It felt like you were never going to get here. Monday I went to work to keep my mind off the fact that you were not here yet. Tuesday we had our check up, and well, I was so uncomfortable afterwards that I just cried all day long. Mainly because it was one more day that you weren't here. However, later Tuesday night things started to change and man could I feel it. I went to bed at 11:30 with some discomfort that turned in to full on back pain. I couldn't sleep so I came out to see your daddy and complain about how uncomfortable I was. So at 2 in the morning, we called the hospital to let them know we were coming on over to be observed... hoping that we could get the ball going. Unfortunately they sent us home after an hour of observation. However, you weren't having it so when we got home, you fought your little heart out to make it a point that you were ready to come to this world. After taking  a bath and timing contractions for an hour and a half, I felt it was time for us to head back to the hospital. Good thing we did too because we had progressed a bunch!! By the time we got all settled in our room, we had some huge pain relief! Thank goodness for the epidural... from 10:00 am til 8:00 pm we had a pain free time. We had a lot of visitors too, all waiting for you to come on out. Grandma Shelly and Grandma Laurie were up there all day, and so was your cousin Julia :) Later, Grandpa Rick, Grandma Kathy, and Aunt Robin showed up for a while and Aunt Jenny came up until you were born. Robin had to leave for work, but she rushed back over right after just in time for your arrival. Your cousin Montana and Uncle Cody were there for a while too. You got so many new toys and clothes, beautiful flowers and balloons... everybody was sooo excited for you to come to this world.

At 8:00 the big event started. Mama was in soooo much pain that she couldn't believe how much screaming I did, all the tears and the words that came out of my mouth. 2 and a half hours of pushing, I needed some major help, so to get your beautiful face out of me,  a crew of about 8 or so doctors came rushing in and vacuumed you right out. 4 big pushes and a little suction got you into this world within 15 minutes!!! The minute you arrived, there was a whirlwind of chaos. Dad was in tears with your Grandma's, the doctors cleaned you up and took you to see everybody in the waiting room. I didn't even get to see you until a good 15 or so minutes but once I saw you I was in love.

Once the chaos settled down, mama and daddy got to take you to our new room where we spent some quality time together to get to know you sleeping and eating patterns. While there you had more visitors that were so excited to hold you and take tons of pictures of you. You did very well too, no crying, but maybe it's because you slept the whole time.

Yesterday we got to take you home, but before we got home, we had to stop by mama's work to drop off papers and everybody who was there working awwed all over you. Then we headed home where Grandma Laurie had a big nice surprise for you... a swing! and you fell in love with it, rocking and staring at the animals above you. Later, Grandma Shelly, Grandpa Chris and your cousin Montana stopped by. Grandma Shelly loves you so much, she was so happy to see you and have you in her arms during her visit.

You have been such a great little lady who loves to eat, sleep and poop :) I couldn't ask for more.

We love you so much Miss Phair, and we always will.


xoxoxoxoxxoxo Mama and Daddy

PS: your hair has been the talk of the town!

1 comment:

  1. This is so cute! Its a good idea to do this little will be fun for her to read someday :) Congrats! She is adorable!!