Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Dad's Turn

Hey there Peapod(thats my name for you until we get to know if you got an innie or an outie)


So much to tell you about, I'll probably forget most of it and ramble on about something else, you will come to find out I do that alot, it is a Kenworthy trait that my dad had and your great grandmother were/are famous for, you will probably get it too and it will drive your mom crazy like I do. 
I've been waiting for you my whole life, I've been thinking about you ever since I first thought about sex. I can't wait to get to see you for the first time in person. If you would have seen the grin that came across my face when I first saw you come up on the ultrasound monitor, it could have lit up Las Vegas for a week. 
It was even more amazing because I felt like I lost my heart when we thought you weren't gonna make it. Thats how much I've been looking forward to you. 
It doesn't matter to me if you end up a boy or girl just as long as you are a healthy little bastard(  I use that term correctly and lovingly) I really hope that you get all the best traits of your mom and me,a strong mind and a love of animals and hopefully skip over our bad ones like our terrible digestion.
I've got so much to teach you. I hope you dig even half of the things I know a lot about. I think you should know all the words to  Jimmy Cliff's "You Can Get It If You Really Want" and Paul Westerberg's "Mr. Rabbit" before you know "The Wheels on The Bus" I doubt your mom and grandmother's agree but maybe we can bond over that. 
And I can't wait to teach you what zombies say: (pssst here's a hint: BRRRRAAAAAAAAAIIIIINNNNNSSSS)
You will get to see all the coolest kids movies, I've already got a running tab in my head of what you might love even though I've yet to meet you.


Speaking of things to teach you, straight off the bat here is one you need to know right away: It is known as the "Golden Rule": Treat others the way you want to be treated. If you want people to be mean to you then be mean to them, if you want nice things done for you and people to be nice then you need to do the same. Its a big one.
My number one job for you is to keep you on the right path, now there are MANY MANY different paths in life and you can pick any one of those but there is totally ONE wrong path and I will do whatever I can to keep you off that path. I've seen many people take that road and it's not good. 
I hope I can teach you some of the lessons that I had to learn the hard way so you won't, like high school isn't the end all, be all. Life goes on and most of the people in high school you won't ever see again so ignore all the mean people in those four years. 
Also a strong work ethic is extremely important. I didn't find that one out until much later on in life. I wish I could just tell you these things while you are in the womb so you can skip over all the hard stuff but that hard stuff build character and I'm hoping so much that your mom and I help you become the best person you can be. 
You are gonna have a buttload of support and people fawning all over you, just wait. You have no idea. 
I'm so excited I keep looking at clothes and toys and all kinds of baby things for you. 
I really want you to have bright, fun clothes that aren't gender specific, I don't care if you are gay, straight, or whatever so I don't mind you being a boy and wearing pinks and purples or being a girl and wearing overalls. As long as you are happy that's my goal. 


I could ramble on forever, but I've got plenty of time for that so I'll be done for now.
Love you little Peapod.

1 comment: