Monday, November 1, 2010

Dear baby...

wk 15

We found out we were having you when you were 4 weeks in the process of growing. I was very apprehensive about the whole ordeal but I knew that you came into our lives for a reason and there was no way I would ever regret a thing. Here is a fairly quick recap on things we have gone through in the past 15 weeks.

You were brought into this world on a day of celebration. Every year on July 26th, I go out for a passed friends birthday. This past year it was just me and your dad that made it out. And well, here you are :)

I would say throughout the first trimester of carrying you, I was extremely sick and exhausted. We had or ups and downs too with you. In the 7th week, we thought we had lost you, and so did the doctor. I ended up having an emergency ultrasound and there you were, heart beating away at 126 beats per minute. Luckily, they didn't find anything wrong with you. About 4 weeks ago, we both got to see you and with a much stronger heart rate. It was funny, it was like you were waving to us the minute we could see you on the screen. Oh I couldn't stop laughing and I tried so hard not to cry. It was the day I fell in love with you and knew everything was going to be ok.







As far as craving come to play, I honestly haven't had anything weird yet. I just get strong cravings for specifics and the minute I have them I tend to be satisfied, though at times, it craving goes on for about a week. I noticed that whenever I eat chocolate I feel this fantastic flutter. Everybody tells me that it couldn't possibly be you, but I really think it is. My doctor (your doctor) told me that at week 12 some women can feel their babies move, and  I really feel that you were moving around.

Cravings that have lasted..
Apples
Chocolate Donuts
Tator Tots
Eggs
Cheese

I am sure that there will be much more added to that list. I have gained 6 pounds so far, which, once you get to know me better, scares me. But I know that it will be well worth the "weight".

I haven't experienced heartburn yet, but my oh my Migraines came back into my life. I have completely cut off caffeine, but its so hard! I still get headaches now and then, but I blame it on hormones and the fact that my breasts are huge and really putting a strain on my neck and back.

Let's see, we have your name picked out and we can't wait to find out which one we get to use. Your dad thinks it will be Lucy but I have a feeling that it will be Liam. Either way your name will start with an L.

You have a cat. She is realizing that you are in our lives and in my belly. She has really started to be overprotective of your mom and she takes it out on your dad. But no worries, she is going to love you, I promise!

Alright. I am going to head out now, but we will see you soon enough.

Love, Mama

1 comment:

  1. Liam! I love that name. And Lucy is also adorable. This was so awesome to read. I can't wait to read more.
    xo to you guys

    ReplyDelete